new tank

r.d.m

ill probably get myself in trouble here but here goes. ive recently ordered a new 4x2x2 tank and heritage cabinet from bali blue aquarium in penrith, ive waited a little longer than was first told through no fault of the owner , the price of this setup(including hood covers and foam)is $500 which is the best price i can get, anyway after the second delay(cabinet supplier) i phoned around a few other suppliers to see if they had any stock, their prices were also a bit higher ranging from $550-$900 but the most worrying thing is that 2 of the suppliers(one in st clair and one in vinyard i wont name them , use your imagination) said " this blokes tanks are of very poor quality as is the furniture , and weve had loads of people who have bought them and wished they hadnt" i emphasize that this is the opinion of 2 lfs and does not reflect my opinion or anyone involved with this forum.

so whats the go here? are these people just pushing their own barrow? or is there any truth in this, what i would like to hear is any positive feedback on this supplier(i did get a reccomendation in a pm but deleted it after reading it )has anyone bought tanks off this guy, is there any traders who can beat this price? all comments gratefully received(pm me if you like) thanks

Hey RDM,

I have actually bought the tank stand hood combo your talking about from Bali Blue in Penrith. The tank has been running for the last 18mnths and the cabinet and hood are fine.

The only problem i have noticed about the package is the rear timber beam that braces accross the back of the cabinet isnt supported in the middle and deflects a little too far (though the tank is still standing), so if you do buy this combo do yourself a favour and reinforce the rear beam.

This is the only problem i have found and even looking at more expensive packages, most cabinets would suffer this problem.

BB

i wouldnt worry about it at all, all stores make similar (not same) quality furniture. Others tell you that so they can get your business full stop. There are many scare tactics business use agaisnt eachother to gain customers, after all its about the buck at the end of the day.

If the cabinet or stand looks structurally sound, it probably is.

Archived