unusual & peaceful

YeW

Hi All -

I am setting up a 3x18 planted tank with a pair of honey gourami and perhaps a pair of keyholes... I'd like some peaceful but interesting species to go with them...

So I am open to ideas :unsure.

I've seen some croaking gouramies around in the past dave, they are unusual, small and peaceful...

And what about some sort of ancistrus species - like the orange spotteds maybe? :unsure

Loaches - pakistani, skunk, modesta, etc lots of unusual ones around.. :)

Hi Dave, I've kept and liked the following;

Pseudogastromyzon cheni,

Badis badis badis,

Chlamydogobius eremius,

Iriatherina werneri,

Pseudomugil gertrudae,

Pseudomugil mellis,

Gasteropelecus stellatus,

Sphaerichthys osphomenoides,

Corydoras hastatus,

Copella arnoldi,

Nematolebias whiteii,

Poecilia reticulata,

BTW ppl should know that fish sold as "red honey gouramies" are hybrids of Colisa lalia and Colisa chuna. The real honey is smaller, prettier and a diffrent colour.

If you want help finding anything on the list, let me know and I'll get it for you.

:D CHOCOLATE GOURAMIES !!!

Now there is a challange for all the mouth brooding Cichlid fans !

Might even be a bit of a challange for the planted tank enthusiats as well. Very prone to Ich and fungal infections unless kept in VERY soft acid water (pH 6 or below, less that 10ppm hardness). not easy to feed initially unless you have heaps of mozzie lavae but learn to take flake, then you are home and hosed.

Even though the mouth brooding male holds for about 10 or 12 days, the fry are very tiny, not quite big enough for BBS first up (my big mistake the first couple of spawns).

Alan

Where can i find chocolates? I've heard heaps i just wanna see a couple in the scales!

Yew, why not trey bumble bee gobies, you could easily have half a dozen in there, and they are awesome to watch, mine seem to have formed into 2 pairs and a couple of stragglers. And they continually sneak about the tank trying to surprise the other pair, but no damage done. Mine are in with Banded gourami and sparkling gourami.

Talking about chocolate gouramis.... Anyone know of any Sphaerichthys vallanti around in Australia?

Most recently discoverd of the Sphaerichthys species.. and very very pretty too with the reds, greens, browns and whites all in the one fish (Pictures just don't to them any justice!).

Saw some when I was away in Singapore. Was going to import some of these beauties when I saw them in Singapore.... Unfortunately someone else beat me to it and bought all the fishes b4 me! tongue.gif DAMN!

.... still looking, still looking...

kev

Archived