Photo comps

Ducksta

Just wondering if it has been considered to let voting be open to the general membership?

I have no issue with the way it is run now, and I think winners have all been deserving, but I was just wondering thats all.

Is the reason it is a closed vote solely because there are prizes? Just curious thumb.gif

What about if the general public voted in a first round type setup. Then the top 5 or so photos get judged by the sponsor/admins. Photo's could be entered before the start of each month, with the voting to start on the 1st of the month, run for three weeks and then the top five picked and judged by who ever it is that judges it

Josh

Go through a culling process. Keep the top 10 and then open it to general membership.

Treat it like a job interview cool.gif

Just a thought. PS I've successfully purchased a large amount of acei from you in the past Andy but I'm not on your list sad.gif

Or maybe we can invite those members who have submitted an entry in the 3 previous competitions (or 5 once we have a few more) to be included in the judging, but they would not be able to include their own entry as one of their choices.

We'll discuss it and get back to you.

my $5 worth...

or whatabout the previous winner (and/or runners up) from the previous months comp being the guest judge(s) (along with the sponsor of the comp and mods of course!) for the current month. This would make their entry inelligible tho but it also will promote other members to try for that elusive shot and enter and possibly win! smile.gif

I reckon share the love! smile.gif

steve

Archived