Week Old Fry – No Food For Four Days?

CThompson

How do people think fish of this age (Callochromis macrops, and Cyprichromis leptosoma "Mpmbwe") will go without food for four days while I’m away on holiday?

Older fish, no worries, but how about fish of this age, or younger, straight from the mouth?

I intend to put a load of live food with them to help :no: .

Craig

Its not ideal CT, baby fish should really be fed small amounts multiple times during the day!

but if you have some live food in the water (baby brine shrimp) and the water quality holds whilst you are away they should make it through. A big feed before you go though!

Cheers

WW

Thanks Willy,

I will be using micro worms, which should last longer alive than baby brine. I know it is not ideal, but what can I do?

The water quality will hold, it's amazing how good it stays if you don't do silly things like put food in the water :no::

Craig

As Steve said, a big feed before you go also drop in some pellets that they can pick at for a few days. Algae wafers are good. Slow dissolving.

Better still hit a mate up to feed them for you.

Best of luck.

PGR, in an ideal world you should feed the fry 6-10 times a day of very small amounts of food.

But it is more dependant on your own situation, IMO, If you work you can not be there to feed your fish thru the day. I know this is of little help to you but you can get around the time factor by using Auto-feeders...but twice a day is all most peep's can manage and they do fine.

HTH

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys,

I got back and the only thing that seemed to have suffered where my micro worms. For what ever reason, every single container bar one (which was on its last legs) died off.

Fish no problems.

Craig

Archived