Corydoras

hungsta

I agree, Pockets80 seems to have had alot of success :( unfortunately i havent to date. But i will one day! :8

Another person who has had success is Alan or on the PCS forum Alan Caboolture. He is from QLD and he owns many different species and has written an article on the breeding of them.

The thing that i have found in my readings is that many have got the simple and common species like c.aeneus and c.panda but not many of the others.

wazza

I don't know Wazza,

I reckon there are a few guys out there who breed more than just the bread and butter cories. The thing is a lot of the "nice" fish are a bit costly. You can find yourself paying $20 a fish even from breeders of some species and $40 or $50 a fish from the LFS. When you are a collector, like a lot of us are, we try to trade rare species .

When buying ten cories for you collection, your think twice about $50 a fish. Buying 10 of one species and trading fry with a mate for fry of another species makes sence.

I wouldn't class all the varieties of C aeneus as common either! Not when you are paying $45 - $50 for Blacks, Gold lines, Red lines, or Lazer Greens if and when you can find them.

I thought there were some interesting species listed in that post, a couple I have never seen and some I would like to get hold of.

Alan

Good one L2H,

here is another excellent site ...http://www.corydoras.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

This is Ian Fuller's web page. Any one who has visited "Auscat" will know Ian. His visits are infrequent but when he does post he is very knowledgeable and informative.

Alan

• 2 years later...

Archived