Jag in standard four footer?

Cannula

He is currently about 5" in my tall 3' but when he becomes a "tankbuster" will he be happy in a standard four footer?

I know he should be alone but is there a possiblity that another fish could be with him?

Ummm if it is a he, then no, and no. A male jag can hit the 18" mark pretty comfortably. a 14" wide tank is just a cruel confine for life IMHO. A female should be fine. They rarely hit over 14" and aren't as boisterous.

i grew my male up in a standard 4fter his now in a 6'x20''x24'' and will soon be in a 6'x2'x'2 by him self unless i can find a 10" + female so shes bigger and so she has a chance when gets angry.

awsoume fish no many people like them but i gave up africans for my jag and havent looked back but looking into getting some ps. livingstonii

try not to make it a long term residence if it is a he he will need more room

personally, i have had to keep a couple of big guapotes in a standard four footer for a month whilst i was moving houses.

it was a very stressful month!!!

Thanks for the replies!

I'm still uncertain if it's a male or female, but it's quick growing.

I'll get the 4 footer ASAP and keep it in there until it's a foot then look for a bigger tank and convert the 4 footer to a shellies tank. That way I have an excuse for getting into shellies.

My security licence has come through just need the fingerprints and to go to the RTA.

Hmmmm money = more fish blush.gif

Archived