Sydney water chemistry

cyber_crimes

Helllo!

It's on www.sydneywater.com.au... I can't recall the exact link but they have pretty much everything outlined there (max, min, mean ranges for the relevant parms).

Cheers - OziOscar.

:D

Another happy customer. :)

Can you post the URL so that maybe others can follow in your footsteps?

Cheers - OziOscar.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

My PH is currently sitting on 7.5 at a hardness of 70ppm.What would be the best way to harden the water and raise the PH without purchasing expensive aquarium salts/buffers?Also would I have to buffer new water before doing water changes?

(Tang tank)

Any info would be much appreciated...

Which hardness are you trying to increase? Total hardness (AKA general hardness or gH) or temporary hardness (AKA carbonate hardness or kH)? For gH, just add cheap Epson salts to increase the magnesium, and perhaps some crushed oyster shells to add Calcium, and also increase your kH.

I want to raise the GH and PH hopefully get it stable & in the right range for Africans.I was thinking perhaps using a coral substrate or similar,would this raise it much? Also with the substrate will I have to use salts to buffer new water for water changes before adding to the tank?

Cheers John...

Add some coral sand (ie crushed coral) and you will be heading in the right direction to a well buffered pH8.0+ tank.

Cheers - OziOsicar.

Archived