blue afra's

BLACKBAR

anyone seen any good quality blue afra's lately??? i kno i havent and i'm expecting that this is probably gonna get worse now with cobue's and lions cove's around i just wanna know if there are any good quality blue afra's around with nice straight black bars and good colouration

Hi,

Just a tip - check the mouths out really well. I bought some from the east a while back (about 12 mths ago) and they had almost a fuellie mouth :p Also of the 10 I bought 7 were the same fish, the other 3 were something else. Never the less, there was not one afra amongst them! ;):p;) Still, we live and learn.

merjo

The cobue/cobwe depending on how you want to spell it, should be still on the pure side,

as they are relativly new and at this stage still not available from wholesalers but breeders only ..

The blue afra different locale and been around for a lot longer, mislabelled etc etc so finding pure ones is a lot harder ..

I bought some afra from one of the northern wholesalers some were blue a couple looked like jalo reefs and a couple finished up OB morph ..

Although i was not happy, the mangrove jack was :)

I would have to agree with all that is said hard to find good afras.. You really have to know there shapes , jaw structure etc to try even get close...

Some of the ones that should be pure are

Jalo reef (yellow dorsal afra)

Cobwe / cobue

sp lion mara rocks

lumbillo (yellow blaze) extremely rare....

There are some purists in melbourne that claim to have pure "blue" afras however have yet to seen the stock to confirm

regards

Michael

Archived