O.T Forum Wars

stagfest

This sux buM, but its funny as hell reading all the posts!!! clap.gif Made my morning fly!!! laugh.gif

Anyway I would just like to say that all this bickering is going well beyond a joke. I havn't been a member for long, but i have really enjoyed myself here and at other forums. I have noticed though that there a less posts to read here. Im on everyday, and this site keeps me entertained for the whole day. Well it used to anyways... sadsmiley02.gif

I was a member of a motorbike forum about 2 years ago. Met some great people, had a good time until fighting started on the forum. People flaming, carrying on like kids, talking behind peoples back... heavy handed moderating, banning good friends of mine, and others for reallt petty things!!! So what happened... I left and many other people did aswell...

I hope this doesn't happen here or on the other sites, i've already met a few of you guys, and so far, everyone has been awesome!!! You guys are a bunch of cichlid addicts!!! and very nice ones at that!!! smile.gif

So please can't everyone just get along...I don't want this forum or the other forums i visit to die... What the hell am i going to do at work to keep me entertained... sadsmiley02.gif seriously guys just take a big bottle of chill pill and KISS AND MAKE UP!!!

-Love Merv- thumb.gif

Hi Merv,

Very well said and I couldn't agree more, there are great helpfull people in this room and reading of peoples childish/immature/improper and down right rude remarks doesn't do it for me.

What I do with rude people is ignore them and get on with life, life is too short for bullcraP.

Let's concentrate on fish issues.

ps: If I get a slap over the rist for the choice of language so be it.

Best regards

Frank

Well said Merv. I am pretty new to the forum also and I dont really understand the politics of what is going on here but it is a great way to learn from experienced fish keepers and it is a great place to visit during my work day. It is a shame when politics comes before the great hobby that cichlids are. huh.gif

G'day all,

I agree with all sentiments above, I don't how or why this got going but I do know this:

Forum,

1. An avenue for all participants to express opinions on the forum subject.

2. An avenue to discuss, weight up different points of view and come to an informed conclusion.

3. A place to learn from others experiences and expertise.

4. Not a place to become personal to a degree that I read this morning.

I hope I'm wrong but I feel the forum has lost one of the most helpful people I have had the pleasure to get to know. He has helped me right from my start in this very enjoyable hobbie, and didn't know me from a bar of soap. I don't need to say who that is as anyone who read the appauling quote would know who was on the receiving end. mad.gif

And the author, get your act together! zipit.gif

I'm sorry if this offends but what I read this morning offended me more.

I love this hobbie, lets not screw it up!

glenn

Hey guys,

I take it that you are referring to a recent post started by me. despite what you may think, i feel the same as you do. i don't like bickering, but i thought my point needed to be made. maybe i was wrong. and i apologise for bringing it to the forum. blush.gif

from now on i will reserve my thoughts on individuals (despite where i know them or not) and stick to the job at hand - the fourms

Grace

Nothing to do with your "spamming post" Grace.

A few people got hot under the collar this morning - and because we are trying to keep the G rating for this forum - we had to remove the posts.

Just on the issue - i think we all need to take a deep breath and not focus on things that are said on other forums/internet sites, and just try to keep things focussed on the fish. Its a shame that egos get in the way sometimes, but that is life.

But that is all i have to say on that.

What I do with rude people is ignore them and get on with life, life is too short for bullcraP

Thats a good way of dealing with things Frank. thumb.gif

There was once a time here when there were fights going on all over the place. Some people took it off forum and another tried to have this site shut down. After repeated requests for them to cease and diciest these people were prevented from posting.

Regardless of what happens on other forums, I want this site to remain G rated and a place where you can come to involve yourself in fishy things.

There have been many times when members get a bit hot under the collar and the posts have been allowed to run, however when they become personal they are removed. Arguments are the expression of ones beliefs and everyone has a right to express them just as others have the right to disagree.

Grace had her say just recently and the person she mentioned replied, everyone got to have their say and I felt that things went well. I will continue to allow this type of thing happen here. SO LONG AS IT ISN”T PERSONAL!

There is an element that while on the one hand states that they hate us for the way we moderate the forum, they are unable to stay away from it.

Sadly there was some baiting on another forum and the bait was taken, even more sadly another member who has frequently given good information and has been helpful to other members decided to bring that fight back to this forum. This is something that I will not tolerate. I don’t have any control of what people say on other forums and don’t want that to be for me.

Please try to remember when you make a post to treat people the way you would like to be treated, have some tolerance and try your best to help others. If you can’t bring yourself to do that then just don’t say anything.

All your sentiments are well founded, lets not bugger up a good thing.

Archived