emergency

BLACKBAR

Whoops

How many fish do you have in there?

Is your tank on carpet?

What kind of filter are you running?

Get the water out ASAP - get a bucket for your fish. Do you have any friends that may be able to house your fish whilst you sort the problem out?

ive only just started this job and couldnt take the day off im running a mini reef and have 80 mbuna in there average size about 3-4 inch my mate who could have housed my fish is in mauritius and i'm minding his fish

Maybe ring around some of your local aquariums and see if they have a second hand tank you could borrow. Either that or try and find a 200+litre container on your way home. I can't really think of any other options unless one of the board members has an empty tank near by.

Good luck.

Matt

thanks for your help i kno im screwed just wanna get your opinion on my idea theres a guy in trading post with 6x2x2 for a good price just the tank you think i should kep my fish in a few tubs take apart the 6x18x18 once its off the stand get this 6x2x2 drilled and put it where the 6x18 was and fix plumbing to connect it to the mini reef hopefully keep enough water from the 6x18 in a drum or a few 150l tubs from a variety shop and hopefully have the 6x2 running by sunday night and hopefully get the 6x18 fixed and put it underneath the 6x2 and use it for my breeders???

ooh i just realised you said 3-4inch not 3-4cms!!! your stuffed!

should still have space, just sold that lithobate colony outside, and over 100 juveniles.......

i think it would be quicker to get your tank fixed rather than getting a 6x2x2 tank, then getting drilled, and replumbing....its probably just the seal unless

you moved it recently or dropped a rock etc

:o Sounds a bit Deuce Bigalowish to me :lol:

Good luck - I know it's not funny :) . I agree that it will be heaps quicker to mend the tank than go through the process of getting another one sorted in that time frame. The containers at Bunnings or The equivalent of WA Scabbage (Salvage) are relatively cheap and will suffice till you're sorted. Plus you'll have some large containers in store if there's ever a "next time".

merjo

Archived