? Is this a dead forum or what?

Cichlids_au

not as much activity compared to the old forum

This forum began in November 2003, moving from the old Ezboard forums. You waited until less than a month ago to sign up dry.gif

I think I'll believe the stats rather than your memory of things 10 mths ago thanks LOL.gifrolleyes.gif

Being a fish zombie as I am, I think this dead forum is gr8 smile.gif

Thanks to all for all of your help and insight.

BTW I only signed up a month or two ago but think there is enough activity on here to keep me signed up for a long time.

Keep up the good work everyone clap.gif

Cichlids_au and Baz and all the admin team,

I do check what is coming up in the NSWSC meetings part as there is not much activity the whats coming up post is easy to find.

By the sound of it the state wide annoucements might be decommissed, I am not sure if the ACT forum is in scope or not in it's defense is still very active (considering the small volume of people in Canberra), and useful forum for us Canberrans.

In Canberra there is a very small group but really keen group cichlid fans and I have met (and gotten to know) a lot of fellow cichlicolics in the local region thanks solely to the ACE (and formally SCP) forums that I probably would not have met otherwise. For example, I have personally met several people in LFS's in Canberra and then after recommending the ACE site as a great cichlid reference point they have mentioned that already are a registered member so I have been able to match a post name to a face. Really excellent stuff thumb.gif.

So before I start going on to much I hope that ACE always has a place for a our little ACT forum.

Cheers

Rosco thumb.gif

I'm not sure if this is feasible but on another forum I frequent, they have a calendar. Maybe this could be implemented to show what events are approaching.

Here's the forum that has the calendar on it

There isn't anything happening in August on that site though LOL.gif

Anyway, just a suggestion.

Cheers

Paul

From a fairly new members point of view this Forum is valuable and assists with (in my opinion) great advise and help.

If you have problems with your fish and tanks etc, members/moderators/administrators are only to happy to share their experience.

Great job all mods/admin/members.

Cheers

Frank

Hi all,

I regards to a "dead" forum, I'm not sure if that's being fair on a forum that has helped a huge amount of people, me being one. But, I must say that since I joined a few monhs ago they seem to have got a lot more quite in the last few weeks. Maybe it was the site make-over, and a lot of people are lost?

The general and tech forums are definately more quite than they were IMO.

I can't believe that people aren't running into the normal amount problems that require help from within. Most of the threads I learnt from came from either one of my dumb questions or someone elses, and then the debate gets going, all opinions come forward and you make your decisions from them. IMO lets get free flowing debate happening and maybe take a little stiffness out of the rules and regs, so people involved again. I know we need rules to keep thing in control, but lets not allow rules to stiffle free thinking debate and involvement from all, there were some valuable contributors to this site who no longer do so, and that's very sad.

Glenn gets off soap box.

cheers smile.gif

Hi Gang

I really meant the state forum part of the site. That post I directed you to usually gets heaps of hits and comments but it sat there for 2 days with only 12 hits. Now however it's had 266 since I pointed people to it. I'm just thinking that perhaps the whole area could go by the wayside. (I will still look after the Canberrians wink.gif )

Mr.Tang, paparossco, Serial-Cichlid, Frank, catcher

Thanx for your comments thumb.gif

akroyd AKA Lungy (using another’s account) & MattLeasegang Previously known as Kanned Guru.

Lungy.

You make many degrading comments and band together with the troublemakers that have been banned from this forum but you just can't stay away can you? All you have done here is cause Malcolm from wetpets account to be banned.

Folks, Please don't let other people use your account. It will result in you copping the blame for their actions.

Matt.

You gave good contributions when you were the Guru but having been here in your new identity for only a month you have quickly earned yourself a 100% warn level and had a week in the sin bin. I worry as to the company you keep. I will leave your account as it is but if the quality of your posts don't improve......

Now watch the hit meter for this post go ballistic LOL.gif

Archived