A question

gswalker

"Wild Caught" means just that. Caught from the wild.

As cost is an issue, with a few others, care needs to be taken when choosing a reputable importer.

If someone else is selling their Wild-caught group, you should be able to find out who got them in and what date they arrived. Then check with the importer.

Sometimes you cant. That is why he said its important to have a "reputable importer". There are many importers that spend a lot of effort to bring great quality wild fish in.

I have a wild colony of A. calvus "black" in one tank, and a non wild A. calvus "black" in a diferent tank, there is SUCH a diference between the 2. Almost dont appear to be the same type of fish.

On the other hand, I have some really nice quality fish that arent wild.

I think you just have to trust the person you are buying the fish from. If i sell fish that are wild caught i give a 100% guarantee that thay are. I must admite that i have seen a lot of wild fish and sometimes its hard to tell the difference from tank breed. At the end of the day its just trust.

I might just be a pessimist but when it comes to money i dont trust many people because i have seen some really shonky deals happening, Lucky I only keep Americans cause if someone said they have some wild caught americans it would almost be laughable

Well that is sort of true but there is some on the import list so you should be able to get wild ones. I will have to look on some of the wholesale lists from overseas. I know you can buy wild caught oscars.

hey gs....

if u go to an american forum... you'll see that some ppl keep wild caught texas... :p

i read a post about where to go fishing targeting this fish.....

one of the guys talking said that... he caught two but he only kept one of them.... because he used a 6x2x2 to house it... and the second one sold it to a friend of his :p

so i think as nigel said u can get some wild caught americans if they're on the import list and the importers are willing to do it......

good luck anyway.... by the way... americans are nice anyway..... and u have some texas and jack dempsies that are even nicer than the wild caught if good care is giving to the fish......

c ya

:^:

Archived