Help, eureka red breeding,

fishie4me

heyz guys

i got a female holding atm, i removed her into her own tank, but the problem is that she got stressed due to big impact on the tank, ( children), she has spit the eges out, there were 40 of then, she then gathers 20 of them back into her mouth an dthe other 20 is left there,

what should i do?

In future you should let her hold a little longer B4 seperating her...this will eliminate the problem you have experienced.

Not much to do...she will either pick em up or leave em.

That leaves you with a choice, do you wanna try to incubate the dropped eggs or just let it go??

the scp page is

www.sydneycichlid.com

We should all have this page bookmarked, and not the forums as the forums address can change without warning.

On the front page you will find links to the diy section, the galleries, the faq, and lots of other useful information.

well thx ben

i'll do as you say leave her until she release the fry and then move her back in the main tank.

1 more question, has the egg been fertilized before she carries them? or do i need to put the male in?

Normally the eggs would have been fertilized as they were spawning. If you interrupted the spawning process you may loose quite a few but you should get some. Leave her and see how she goes. When did they spawn? Did you see them spawn or did you just find her with a mouthful one day?

What Maz has said, IMO, is the right way to do it. Leave her for about 2 weeks and then put her in her own tank. If she spits while you move her at lease you will have eggs with heads and tails. If she doesn't then she should only be in there for a week till she releases. Remember once you see her release or at three weeks it is time to start feeding both her and the fry small amounts or remove the excess food which isn’t eaten. You will be best to feed the fry crushed flake, baby brine shrimp, micro worms etc.

well

i derno what happened i checked her this morning and her mouth was like pretty flat

i think she ate some of the eggs due to inexperience because this is her first time carrying.

Don't worry about it. My Aulonocara stuartgranti - Chiwindis spawned recently, i let the female hold in the main tank for 2.5-3 weeks. I had to move my main tank on monday due to an unlevel floor. I figured i'd wait until i moved my tank to get her out as all rockwork had to be removed for the tank move anyway.

Well i get home monday and of course her mouth was empty yet it was full the day before.................craP happens. :angry:: It was her first mouthful, i'm sure she'll do better next time.

They'll breed again. All in good time.

Lata

Matt

This does happen. Most people experience the disappointment on the first few mouthfuls disappearing over night. After a few spawns they normally get the hang of it and away you go.

Archived