Pop ups

Crazyfish

The only ones linked to ACe forums will be "You have a PM" type one. Anything else is probably caused by spyware/bots on your computer. Download a spybot killer from download.com search for anti spyware or something similar.

The computer guy who goes on 2BL recommends running BOTH Adaware and Spybot as they both get slightly different things (as well as a lot of the same stuff) and says that running both will get just about everything. And to keep them updated and run them once a month. He also recommends running a good firewall, and recommends either Zone Alarm or Sygate. Actually you can read the page yourself if you like, here.

I have changed web browser to Firefox and it doesn't allow those annoying pop ups you get at some sites (and can be a bit overwhelming at time), as well as having handy tabbed windows and stuff, however it does display some things different to IE.

No problems I like to do a scan at least once a week and I also use Sygate personal firewall, for web browser at the moment I use Mozilla 1.6 it allows you to selectively allow or deny cookies from any web site when you first visit plus tabbed browsing auto

popup stopping and the list goes on it just full of features.

For virus scanner I use NOD32 it comes free with each issue of PC USER mag and is just as good if not better than the expensive ones.

An extra note after having used ad - aware or spybot you will probably notice your download and upload go down having removed all the spyware

Yes Tim I like to delete them but each to thier own.

Anthony.

Archived