Pic of Aulonocara baenschi Nkhomo Reef

Ben

This fella is only 5cm and already showing great colour. He only coloured up two or three days ago to spawn for the first time. There has been another male coloured for a few months but he is smaller than this guy and doesn't have the colour yet this boy has. Top quality fish. Purchased from Blair in Victoria.

Aulonocara%20baenschi%20Nkhomo%20Reef%20.jpg

I will take a better picture of him once they all settle down from lunch.

awsome reminds me of dans aulonocara stuartgranti "cobue" his about 5cm and you would swear its was a 20cm fish pushed into a 5cm body unreal colour but then again his with 10 shellas lol

hmmm...watch out Ben!!

As soon as ya get a handle on the name of the fish they will change it to Aulonocara sp. "Stuatgranti Nkhomo" :D

Very nice colour for a young fella.

I must admit that the Maleri-complex of Aulonocara look very good but all the Peacock stuff just scares me too much now. The new species-varients that are around and all the reading needed to understand the morph/locality's is so daunting that I have decided not to bother with them anymore(for a while at least).

What really scares me is the ramifications of "Catchers" who move/transport varients around the lake to make them easier to catch/access.

Sorry if this seems like I'm bad-mouthing the species/varient as I am not.

And I'm sorry, Ben, if this ends up poaching your post of a very nice young fish. :rolleyes:

Hi Blair,

Not that they need it but I am trying to get Nigel to bring in some wild caught to add to the colony. This will really make them a strong blood line.

Top fish mate, as are all your fish I have seen. :^:

Archived