My rejects for this months photo comp...

sab

So hard to choose the best pic for this months photo comp. These are some of my better shots I whittled down to from my library of shots, but ended up choosing a different one. I thought I'd share these with everyone anyways as I like them all.

Camera: Canon G2 4 megapixel with optional telezoom lense and adaptor. Images shot with macro function.

user posted image

Cobalt Blue male

user posted image

Cobalt Blue male

user posted image

Hongi female

user posted image

Hongi male

user posted image

Hongi male with fry catcher in bgnd.

I hope you all enjoy! smile.gif

Sab,

That first pic is awesome. Personally, I would enter that into the photo comp instead of the one already there.

Just needs cropping, to centre him. thumb.gif

cheers for the comments folks!

Barca888> yeah the teeth are amazing! Im rapt that the shot of them came out so clear too. I had an even more close up image of the front of him and his teeth in the June comp.

sarah> I mostly use the cameras manual settings and play around with f.stop (apperture) and shutter speeds. I take many a dodgy shot too and cull the immendiately until im happy. A tripod helps too. I played around with relying on the cameras macro function (automatic distance for close up) and also using the manual focus option - I found the manual focus the best and most likely to get the better shot - mine is adjustable down to about 5cm distance. Always try and set the camera to the fastest shutter speed without being under exposed. Play around with the settings on the flash too. Having a hand held flash really helps as you can direct the flash as needed and makes for nice dramatic effects. Let me know if you want some further "sab" tips! smile.gif

fins> cheers! As I said it was really hard to choose... that shot was one of my faves too! The reason I chose the one I did was for clarity and sharpness of the eye and scales; and the over all great colour.

must get the cam out again and take some more shots! smile.gif

thanks Sab for the tips, i have tried taking macro with my canon ixus400 but i think i get the settings all wrong , back to the manual laugh.gif , i have a tripod but i think its still in Sydney unsure.gif

Archived