Motoro Rays

onlyme

I am considering setting up a 8x2x2 with a pair of fresh water Rays. I would like to put maybe one or 2 pairs of other suitable fish in with them, probably Cichlids from the same bio-type. Any suggestions?

smile.gif

Craig.

I wouldn't put in anything that might compete for floorspace, and cichlids generally do this, particularly large SA cichlids.

Generally what i have seen is schooling mid water swimmers, like large silver dollars, tinfoil barbs etc, or maybe an aro, as these cruise the upper level and dont seem to bother the rays or vice versa.

• 1 month later...

Hey

Im sure that arowanas would not take a chunk out of a ray. As far as I know there teeth are at best minimal, but ive got a feeling they dont have any. In which case im sure they would be unable to take a chunk out of a ray considering how tough their flesh and skin is.

Matt

Hey

Im sure that arowanas would not take a chunk out of a ray. As far as I know there teeth are at best minimal, but ive got a feeling they dont have any. In which case im sure they would be unable to take a chunk out of a ray considering how tough their flesh and skin is.

Matt

Thank you for those words of wisdom! clap.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Archived