When cichlids die...

stagfest

Guest Gutty

Mate, he picked off about $150 worth of cichlids before i decided it was time.........little bugger. mad.gif

Here he is in one of his homes.

user posted image

If it's something small - the clean-up crew get it

If it's something new and it's definitely not my fault it died, it goes back and gets thrust in the LFS's face

If it's something borderline on something small enoguh for the clean-up crew, and something too big for that, it gets flushed

If it's something big, it gets taken out, and placed in a spot in the backyard inaccessible to the dogs

(I collect skulls)

(it's usually RIGHT down the back of the yard, otherwise the smell is a bit too much)

Aren't i weird ? wink.giflaugh.gifrolleyes.gif

Andy

(AKA the Skull Collector) (J/K) tongue.gif

i freeze them, then throw them away...

it was a bit hard fitting my 2kg frozen saratoga into the garbage bin though....

the silly fish jumped out of the tank when i wasn't home....fool.. blink.gif

and i did think of putting it on the dinner table but somehow i don't think anyone would actually eat it (its supposedly a good table fish).

All my fishing magazines state they're full of bones, not much good for eating at all.

Not that i've tried one myself. (or even caught one)

hmmm... a saratoga skull.....<<drools>> laugh.gif

Andy

laugh.gif

If its a big fish that I'm particularly attached to then I bury it. Great for the soil ( I have a huge frangapani tree that must have at least a dozen very large cichlids buried under over past years and it thrives).

If theyre small fish I wrap them and bin them if its close to pickup night otherwise I freeze them and bin them the night before bin pickup.

I'd never feed a dead fish to another animal as the fish could have a disease or parasite that could infect the animal that eats the fish.

Besides which - it seems really odd to me that we look after fish, feed them, filter their water, treat them when theyre sick,Look after them then as soon as they die we chuck them out in the backyard like garbage. Hmmmm- strange!

Gcichlid

After sitting here for the past 5 mins reading all your posts......i pondered......and it slowly dawned upon me. : blink.gif

Why waste all this precious fish meat: sadsmiley02.gif

The solution is people, CAT FOOD. smile.gif Not Just any catfood ACE (Australian Cichlid Enthusiasts) Cat food. Not a bad idea to supply revenue for the site. Could be a good business venture. All we need is for someone to do the rounds and pick up all the carcass', any admins interested

You guys can even start a competition to design a logo for the tin LOL.gif

WHISKAS look out!

P.S I was kidding dry.gif HONEST. It's 12:16am gimme a break tongue.gif my cheap attempt at humour..............ok i go now...........buh bye

Archived