My New Tropheus Pics

Josh

Ok I have got the new fish settled in. All went well, so far, and all the fish are eating well. I ended up getting 24 and will try to get a group shot as soon as I can. They are a little shy at the moment. The fish range is size from 5-2cm and the color on the larger fish amazing already. Also I added more rocks to my tank, with additional lighting and a internal 800LPH filter

Here's the first pics

user posted image

user posted image

This fish is about 4cm

user posted image

A group shot

user posted image

user posted image

Anyone for a piggy back?

user posted image

A little fella around 2cm.

I must say thanks to Jim for his help over the last month and for holding these fish for as long as he did

Hey Little Swimmer!

GREAT TANK AND FISH!!! Wow..i absolutely love that tank and those tropheus, right now i only have Maswas..But ill get there one day!!!

Once again id like to say greta fish and loveley setup!

I have to check out Jims fiosh oneday. He lives os close!

cheers

Richard

Congrats Mate!

The long wait was worth it I am sure! They look pretty healthy from the pics. I can't wait to see your pics when they have matured and coloured up. They will look stunning indeed! I am sure 24 looks a lot better in a tank your size! It must have been nerve racking transporting them all the way to shellharbour! Are they all getting along well. Any aggression so far? As long as they are feeding well, they are doing well. Don't be tempted to overfeed them. Did u get any spare meds in case of bloat?

Enjoy!

Dave

thanks Dave and Richard,

Dave, I am getting my meds tomorrow, I was worried not having it already. The drive from Jims to my house is only about 80mins but it nearly killed me. I am not that carefull with the kids in the car. I have seen a little aggression but they are still settling in and i think the extra tank space is a little daunting for them, they have really only been coming out tonight. I am really glad that I got the extra fish now as I think the 10 would have looked pretty plain in the tank. They are already showing some good color especially The few times I have seen any aggression.

G'day Josh and Evelyn,

Congrats on the new arrivals. They look absolutely unreal! Thanks for putting the photos up. Being a new owner of Tropheus I get excited when someone puts up a post or even better some photos that feature Tropheus. I just love soaking up every little bit of info on these guys. I'll have to post up some photos of my new Moops (T. moorii Mpulungu) so you can check them out. It's great to read about someone's excitement for these fish such as you have got. I look forward to more updates on the little fellas. I've got one question for you concerning the meds you intend to get, are you getting Metro and if so where do you intend to get it?

Have fun with them,

Jamie.

Well done Josh & Evelyn!!

Great set-up & good pics too! I got 25 Maswas recently from Dr Jim & he's a mentor if ever there is one! You're assured a great pedigree & the envy of many of us. Let's compare notes along the way re: diet, progress, etc...

Vince C cool.gif

Congrates on the new fish.. there is no turning back now.. like almost every tropheus keeper I know the number of colonies just keep getting bigger.

They are great shots, mine never sit still long enough for a decent photo, so damm active, but thats one of the things i love about em ..

Just make sure that you take some more pics for us as they get their adult colours..

Thanks for all the nice comments. I am really happy with these fish. The fish have been quite easy to photo as they arent to sure of their new surroundings. The substrate is pool filter sand

Archived