Where can I rent a cheapest co2 tank in NSW area?

fishly

As some of you know that Troy from victoria can rent a co2 tank for only $13/year wub.gif . How much do you pay your co2 rental and where did you rent it from?

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Tony

as strange as it might be the home brew shops are heaps cheaper than going direct to BOC or air liquide. i hired mines for $15 a year. just call up any homebrew shop and ask them. the bottles are from air liquide sealed and ready to go.

sadsmiley02.gif I didn't see your location. I hope some shops in Sydney is around that price. However, thanks for letting me know Hieuc. I might try to call some home brew shops around sydney area in few days.

Anyone from sydney pay rental co2 tank for about that price????

Hi Troy,

Do they need you to be in Victoria (such as ask for driver licence)? or you just need to pay some amount of deposit to rent the tank (if so, how much?)? and if you can provide me the address would be good. So, one day if I am going to Melbourne, I can rent it straight away.

By the way, I've done my metal halide stand, after I setup my planted tank, I'll post it up to let you see. I just need to rent a CO2 tank and buy the regulator.

Regards,

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

my mate hires his for around $12 a year here in the western suburbs somewhere from a home brewery shop. ohmy.gif Im gonna go get one for myself! When i find out where and confirm the price ill let you all know! If i simply buy the regulator, like the tunze one on www.aquaria.com.au will it do the job? Also, is the CO2 provided by the home brewery shop suitable for tank injection?

Once i have all this, what the best way to inject the c02? Straight into the tank, filter or diffuser or what!

Any help would be great! wink.gif

Regards,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

my mate hires his for around $12 a year here in the western suburbs somewhere from a home brewery shop.  Im gonna go get one for myself! When i find out where and confirm the price ill let you all know!

That would be really nice of you if you can let us know where to rent CO2 tank for $12.

If i simply buy the regulator, like the tunze one on www.aquaria.com.au will it do the job?

Yup, it will do the job.

Also, is the CO2 provided by the home brewery shop suitable for tank injection?

Yes, it does the job.

Once i have all this, what the best way to inject the c02? Straight into the tank, filter or diffuser or what!

If you have a big tank you better go with reactor which the diffusion rate is 100%. You can buy a DIY reactor from Michael (his nickname is B4GIO).

If your tank is not to big, you can use normal diffuser like dupla one or DIY (cost a lot cheaper).

If you use reactor, basically you conect the return hose from your canister to the inlet of the reactor, and the outlet of the reactor to the tank. And you need to connect the CO2 to the reactor. Hope it helps.

Keep us inform if you got the store name and address Andrew.

Regards,

Tony

Hey guys,

just need a rough idea,

What are your opinions on getting your very own CO2 Cylinder + Regulator (1 Package)?

Would you be interested if the price was right? (Say under A$300)?

Or would ya rather rent?

Well, it depends on the size of the CO2 tank. But sounds pretty good deal. What brand is the tank and the regulator? If have some to sell, please let me know ASAP, as I am about to buy a regulator very soon.

What are your opinions on getting your very own CO2 Cylinder + Regulator (1 Package)?

Would you be interested if the price was right? (Say under A$300)?

Depending on the size of the CO2 cylinder, I'd certainly be interested, especially if it's a low pressure CO2 setup.

I have phoned around and the cheapest D size cylinder (9kg) hire for one year is $80 from Air Liquide. The refill is $40.

I have also phoned around re buying a cylinder but everyone said that you cannot buy them due to the safety concerns re testing etc.

Dave.

FWIW, today I just picked up a JBL Profi 1 CO2 kit from Strictly Aquarium in Engadine (on the way back from Royal NP) for $335. It has a full 500g tank of CO2, regulator (with gauges), tubing, one way valve and reactor. If anyone is interested, I can do a comparison between that an a Dupla Delta S kit in a week or so.

Hi Fishly and gang!

Sorry bout my late reply, my internet was down! &^*^$*&(&$!! mad.gif

Anyways I can supply you guys a CO2 Regulator at a low price if interested!

Should be able to save you at least $50 bucks from buying one from BOC!

Interested!??! This time i've got stocks on hand already! However i'm in perth.. how do we work this out? huh.gif

Tony,

In regards to the Quell fire extinguisher, how do you go about refilling the cylinder (testing etc) and how much is the adaptor and where did you get the cylinder and adaptor?

Thanks,

Dave.

Hi Punie,

Sorry, too late. I bought my tank and regulator already. If you have a cheap/affordable PH controller, please let me know. I am planning to get one.

Regards,

Tony

FIshly,

Don't apologise! It's me that should spologise! Sorry i took so long! Anyone else interested in buying a CO2 regulator? Got 1 lying around now! sadsmiley02.gif

Fish, PM me ur budget for the controller i'll see what i can do

Archived