2x more 6x2x2 tank pics

Beardie

Here are two more pics of my 6x2x2 display tank. All comments welcome.

user posted image

user posted image

Yeh, its slate. I got it in long lengths from a tile guy in Brookvale. I asked him if he has some slate, he took me out the back where he had these left over pieces of slate. $20, and i got all of them. That was the easy part. Smashing them up and then glueing all of them together inside the tank was alittle time consuming but i like it for now.

Thanks

Yep sure is, although its a little bigger than i though it would be. It kind of washes out the colour alittle bit. Next ime i would perhaps consider going with a black substrate.

hi

looove the slate work, looks great. but i'm a stickler for symetrical design, chuck the boulders out and continue the slate work for optimum effect. don't use dark substate, will absolutley kill it, the coral sand will dull off.

just my $2 worth;colfish

Yeh i orignally didnt have the river rocks in there, however i needed some more larger caves. I came home a few months ago from school and my dad had used the rest of the slate in the garden and has cemeted them down to some wall thing mad.gif

Nah its not too heavy at all. its also distributed over a fairly large area. The river rocks are more of a concern!

Archived