All in one aquariums - any good?

likadeefeesh

Hey guys, been out of the hobby for a few years but looking to get a new tank. :)

Are the all in one tanks ok? It's hard to get info on them.

I'm looking at getting one of the bigger Aquaone tanks, around the 4ft mark. 

Or should I hit up MSAquariums for a tank/stand and get a seperate canister etc?

From memory Aquaone used to be a bit of a dirty word, are they any better?

I used to have a five foot Aquaone, it was ok but far from perfect. 

The built in overhead filter was not good enough on it's own, I initially ran an internal filter too but eventually got rid of the overhead filter and hooked up a canister.

The lights were an odd size that were hard to find outside of aquarium stores (read: expensive).

The build quality of the cabinet was typical of cheap flat pack furniture i.e door gaps weren't even etc.

The current generation of Aquaone tanks looks much better but it I was going to go for a big tank again I would get something custom made by a reliable tank/cabinet maker.

I've still got an Aqua one aquarium up and running for years. It looks good and simple to maintain. It would be good for a breeding setup although if your going to jam pack it with cichlids as a display tank then probably not as the filter is only good for a small bio load. It's more of a beginners/starter aquarium. 

Archived