6x2 background

mdk54

G'day Guys,

I am currently having a display 6x2x2 built and was originally resigned to the idea of just a black vinyl backing on the tank. I appreciate the the latex 3D backgrounds immensly but find them prohibitive due to the very high prices.

Now I have seen much cheaper 'panel' type ones on Ebay that are made out of polyurethane foam, but was wondering what peoples opinions on these are?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/B23-3D-ARTIFICIAL-AQUARIUM-ROCK-PANEL-BACKGROUND-FISH-TANK-REPTILES-135-x-60-cm-/121428125906

Thanks for the help.

Ian.

scroll down that ebay page thers another only at 60cm by 45cm for $25 yet the one you advertised is just over double in length not much bigger in height 135cm by 60cm and is 

$70 id be more inclined to buy 3 of the smaller ones for an extra $5 size would then be 180cm long.

if you buy 135cm and a 60cm long one it will cost you $90

could always lift them up off the bottom a bit and use substrate and rocks to bring everything level if using the smaller ones at 45cm high

Thanks for the reply mate.

My understanding was that they were 60cm tall and 45cm wide. Hence the example I linked is in 3x 45cm wide pieces to = 135cm. If i was to purchase it I would grab another 45cm wide piece to add up to 180cm.

Do you know anything about the quality of these type of backgrounds or how easy they are to fit?

Archived