Pallet racking

krellious

Hey all.

About a year or 3 ago i purchased some racking of someone here. I was sold it as 600 yet it is only 500 wide. I now have some 19mm structural ply to brace it. The racking will be holding a 6x2.5x2 aswell as a 4x2x2 on the top. Will a 50mm or a 100mm overhang be an issue down the track or should i bite the bullet and try to find some new racking?

Thanks

Generally the depth is only determined by the length of the diagonal cross braces on the ends.

If you are after extra width you will more than likely require more length in these braces meaning they will need to be replaced. Either source new longer braces to cut down or use unistrut or something similar.

I had thought of unistrut however i dont have a means to cut it. Do bunnigs stock and cut it? And by the time i buy a length and fiddle around to cut/fit it i would maybe be better of buying a new end piece. Jsut cehcked ebay adn only have 2.4 height end pieces.

a lot of the racking has x bracing on the ends which can be unbolted and you can make the "width" whatever you want.

personally I wouldn't want any overhang, and would want the weight of the tank over the rails.

Archived