random pics

LithoMan

Hey mate, on the first page, the photo's numbering from 6-8, can you tell me what fish they are please?

I have one here exactly like them that I am having alot of trouble getting identified as I only have the one of them. He has become a member of my Silver Perch school I have in my turtle tank as he happily follows them around all day long and they seem to have taken a liking to it!

I'd love to know what they are?

Here is the best pic I can get so far as it never sits still long enough for me to get a good clear shot, but I'm 99.9% certain its one of yours in the pics 6-8.

Fish_zps9d72f68f.jpg

Hi

the fish I havw photo of is

copadichromis ivory mloto trewease

Who did you get your fish from ?

They may look similar but not likely same fish.

possible copadichromis family time will twll for you :)

Time will tell me what?

I've had him over 2 years now and he is still the same size as the day I got him. He must have been in the batch of Thomasii that I bought for a small display tank when I bought my house I'm living in now.

I've just found a few pics of the Copadichromis lines and I'm pretty sure from the pictures online that mine is of the Azureas family and a female.

If its 2 years you've had it,,, it's likely not a him then,,, but a her. :)

Yep, its definitely a girl.

I had a chat to the guy that was trying to ID her for me (before I knew it was a her) yesterday to tell him that I had found out what she was and he said that he had already told me that in a previous text message! He went through the phone whilst we were chatting and sure as a bear goes to the toilet in the bush on the 17th December he sent me a text telling me it was indeed a Copadichromis Azureas!! LoL I thanked him and went on my merry way.

Its pretty cool that she's become one in the small group (school....at what amount of fish does a group become a school???) of Silver Perch in the tank but I wonder how they will be when they start tripling her in size? Although in saying that, the Perch are the most chilled fish in the tank, very active in swimming around but not once have I seen them aggressive towards eachother or any of the other mixed breeds I have in the tank. There are 5 Perch, 4 Kribensis, 1 non-dwarf Thommasi, 3 left over from 16 Zebra danio's that were in there as feeder fish which most of them did go the way of the turtles but the last 3 seem to be a bit smarter than the rest, there is also one rogue Lemon tetra and one rogue fat molly. These are all fish that have been left overs from smaller display tanks that I've chopped and changed and when in doubt, they go in with the turtles.

The turtles themselves are Eastern Long Necked and are about 7-8cm shell length and about 18months old so arent all that big at all. There is also now 1 resident Yabby that is getting pretty big, there were originally 4 but one shed his shell then got eaten whilst he was vulnerable, another ended up on the carpet in my computer room that is around the corner from the tank which it escaped from through the ReptileOne mesh security top and dried itself out looking for another water hole (my dogs water bowl was only 2m from where it died and I only found it cause my dog was playing with what I thought was a twig or cluster of acorns from the gum tree out the backyard but it was the yabby, one is still quite small and only 2 days ago it had lost its front claws and one leg so I assume the turtles or other Yabby were starting to like it so Its now moved into a small display tank with some E.Yellows and small BN, I figure without its claws it cant do much to harm the lot of them, and when and if the claws grow back it will go back into the turtle tank to test its fate again. Anyway, this post really is a good example of procrastination as I have a few jobs on that I'm trying to avoid.

Archived