new additions

markfnq

bought them as a colony from a breeder in Brisbane .

It became a bit of a bidding war to get them !!

not a great deal of luck with them so far . lost two in shipping through aggression.

then stripped a female that was holding and put eggs in a tumbler and a bristle nose sucked them out through the bottom of the tumbler. :rant:

mark

Nice indeed. Isn't it always the way with fish you are trying to breed. I had the same problem with auloncara stuartgranti 'galilee reef'. I have only managed to get 10 fry in probably 2 years to size. Something always went wrong. Hopefully you can get some numbers going, they are a fish I would like to see breeding in my room.

Cheers

Rosco

Hi Rosco,

Funny you saying you have had bad luck with the Aulonocara Stuartgranti galileya reef.

after a few dramas i am down to one male and two females .have missed a few mouthfulls that were spat early

finally got a batch in a fry saver and some how a small empress ended up in the fry saver having a big old time on the fry .!!!

It would of had to bounce of the lids to get in there as they are very high sided . it still has me baffled how it managed to get in.

BUT ! I have managed to get some fry growing out now. STUNNING FISH one of the nicest peacocks i think . hoping to nurture my current fry for future colony. if you get some going glad to exchange stock .!

CHEERS MARK.

P1080990_zpsf6c69319.jpg

They are stunning fish indeed mark and are a pita to breed. The ones I got from grant ended up being very male heavy. Something like 13/2. So now I have one young make one German girl and 3 young girls. I recently moved them and one of them spat out 3 fry and guess what they all got eaten before I could get them ahhhh. But as you say they are worth it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

These guys have settled in well 3 batches in fry savers and two currently holding .

Like i said the males are evil on the females , hence the battered fins.

Heres one of the girls that is holding now.

cheers mark

P1140775_zps108ba056.jpg

Archived