CLown Knife

mezzacam

Lungy! i remember seeing your picture of your big motha clown knife, and i saw one today in Sydney when i went to look at a shop on the way home from my Aunties.

The shop was Kellyville Pet Supplies, and wooweee, this mother had to be at least 30cm +, it was in a 6x2x2 with a large pleco or a catfish of that sort, but jeeezz this clown knife was monsterous. I would have taken a pic but i didn't take my camera as i didn't think i'd need it, but i'd reccomend this shop to people, plenty of stuff, real clean tanks, and very healthy looking fish, 10/10 for me... but that thing was huge! (clown knife)... Anyhows better stop flabbergasting,

Just thought i'd share my experience, Cameron.

You Novacastrians must be hard done by to be that impressed by Kellyville. laugh.gif

It is a nice shop and all, but the prices are a bit much dry.gif

Also, their clown knife doesn't seem to have grown since I first saw it a couple of years ago. At the time there was a note on the tank saying how an upgrade was being made and on the way, but when I went back many months later, the same message was still there, except it was upgraded to a computer print job instead of handwritten.

lol, i feel like ... as some people would put it, "a country hick" lol, fascinated by the bigger shops, if this shop is only average for sydney shops, what one should i go to , to be absolutely bowled off my feet? biggrin.gif Can't wait to go to sydney again.. I loev the aquariums up there... even though i've only been to Kellyville before.. lol.. anyhows, Cheers cameron.

Cameron, I was mostly stirring! Kellyville is a sight to see. A very nice shop to browse, I just wouldn't buy anything there laugh.gif

For really incredible aquarium shops, it depends where you are in Sydney, but some of the more noteable ones would be

St George Aquarium

Strictly Aquariums

Auburn Aquarium

Clown Knifes are illegal arent they? at least thats what i was told by someone, they are awesome fish, and if they arent illegal how would i aquire such an interesting fish and at what cost, any alternatives to the clown knife that are cheaper?

adam

I think they are noxious (therefore illegal to keep) in a couple of states. NSW isnt one of them though.

They are illegal to import though, and I dont think many have "accidentally" turned up in a while, so to get your hands on one, youd be looking at buying a pretty large one to start, and it would cost a few hungee IMO.

gadday guys,

yeah, Greekstylez, if you could do that mate, i would appreciate that. At that size, $70 is a bargain in MY opinion. but then again, i haven't seen that many large ones for sale. The only one i have seen was about 40cm and the shop wanted $700 for it, so $70 is a pretty special price IMO..

thanks guys

Arrafanatic

Archived