Altolamprologus compressiceps 'Mutondwe'

RonnyM

Ronny it is a Catch 22 when it come to using watermarks on photos posted on the net. It is a fine line between showing the fish off in the best possible way and protecting your intellectual property. I have had many photos turn up on commercial sites in the past and a quick email has rectified the problem.

If I add a watermark I reduce the opacity and angle it across the image using Rise at +25. I prefer to use Scriptina as a font. I like adding the species name. Can I suggest that you add the name in a smaller font either bottom left or bottom right. The example that you provided is a bit like an "electric yellow". It draws your eye away from the real subject matter.

I can tell by your avatar lol.

THese guys are still tiny so aren't showing full colour yet but do show a blue colour in their fins. It's just hard to capture it in a pic.

Ronny it is a Catch 22 when it come to using watermarks on photos posted on the net. It is a fine line between showing the fish off in the best possible way and protecting your intellectual property. I have had many photos turn up on commercial sites in the past and a quick email has rectified the problem.

If I add a watermark I reduce the opacity and angle it across the image using Rise at +25. I prefer to use Scriptina as a font. I like adding the species name. Can I suggest that you add the name in a smaller font either bottom left or bottom right. The example that you provided is a bit like an "electric yellow". It draws your eye away from the real subject matter.

Posted at the same time so I missed this lol.

I see what you mean about the name tag, I made it that big, cos in that font, it's not really legible at a small size.

WIll have to find another font I like. I'm using Picasa and it doesn't have Scriptina.

I'll post a pic of the last two in a sec.

Ronny this gives you some idea.

mutindwe.jpg

I reduced the opacity down to 25% on the copyright text.

If the background was light then I would reverse the font colour to black.

Thanks Ged,

WIll definitely reduce the size of the names of the fish.

As for my name on the pic, I feel if it's on the body, it covers more of the pic. I tried to put somewhere it doesn't take much focus off the fish and doesn't ruin the pic at the same time.
That's just me though, I'd rather not put anything on it but I'm sick of seeing my pics used on sites I had no knowledge of and I didn't like people accusing me of stealing images as well.

Archived