Tropheus Mpulungu and Black Calvus

RonnyM

Thanks guys, will get some more shots soon and post later ;)

Sloory, it takes a lot of patience and good lighting.

My tank is fairly bright and I use a shutter speed of 1/50-1/80. Any higher and the colours don't show and any slower, they're just a blur lol. But that's just for my tank. Depending on your lighting, you'd have to adjust accordingly.

Thanks for that Ronny,

I've been really struggling to get a decent shot of my T Kiriza and after playing around yesterday I realized that my lighting was a definite player in the issue. Might need to upgrade. (Need to upgrade camera too haha).

Looking forward to seeing more pics mate!

What's the issue with your lighting? Is it too dim?

With tropheus being fast, it helps if the lighting is bright so you can use a faster shutter speed to catch the speedy lil things ;)

Thanks, thesem guys are still juvies so aren't showing their full colour yet. Only had them for about 7 weeks and have them in a 4x1.5x1.5 but they will be split up at a later date.

I got them from a local breeder, I can pass on details if you're interested ;)

What's the issue with your lighting? Is it too dim?

With tropheus being fast, it helps if the lighting is bright so you can use a faster shutter speed to catch the speedy lil things ;)

Yeah it's far too dim.

It's a single 4ft T5 over a 6ft tank. Looks ok by eye but too dark for the camera. You've given some helpful advice mate, thanks for that.

Great photos Ronny.

The T. mpulungu are a stunning species and they will be spectacular when fully grown. I like the first one as you have eye contact with the subject. The second photo is also excellent but I find the L. caeruleus in the background a distraction and draws the eye away from the real subject.

The really like the Black Calvus photos. In the first one you appear to lost some detail in the head which could be rectified with some tweaking in Photoshop.

Ged

Thanks Ged :)

I've since removed the yellows cos I found it hard to get a pic without them photo bombing lol.

I was 't too happy with that first Calvus shot, my camera struggled to focus on the head cos it was so black so I had to get it around the gills and lost focus on the whole fish as a result :(

Plus when they're flaring up like that, it's the only time they move really fast lol.

Will take what you said on board and see what I can come up with :)

Nice moops Ronny and calvus..and love the shots...I think I like your taste in fish mate :drunk: ...I have a little colony of the moops and they are almost too sexy for the tank :drooling: and liking the photo taking tips that Im hearing..my shots don't look this good mate so im in sponge bob mode sucking up the tips ....

Thanks GS :)

How old are your Moops? Got any shots :)

My ones are only young and I've had them for about 2 months and they've grown heaps in that time. Can't wait for them to get their adult colours.

This is just what I've found works for the conditions in my tank, might not be the same for everyone else. Still learning how to use the new camera lol.

Archived