Plywood build

benwar

Hi bonding is not really needed, although feels safer.

The water pressure will keep the window hard pinned into position.

It's really only the seal your after.

(On a phone so I can't quote properly)

That is correct, I am currently leaning towards using a layer of wet rubber cement as a sealant because the glass won't need to be supported by anything due to the water pressure, I would build up a nice seal on the sides of the glass with a few layers, I can't personally see any issue with this method but I'll put it to you guys

Just read over the usage guidelines of the bitumen rubber and it says it must not be painted over glass or a glazed surface, assuming that is because it will peel straight off, I guess another sealan it is, may not have to be silicone however that is the most commonly used type of sealant

Went over to bunnings and found a sealant that bonds with both waterproofing membranes and glass "Dunlop roof gutter and pond sealant" comes in a cartridge for a caulking gun so just as easy and clean as silicone

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alrighty, Uni is over and it's time to get into the project, (passed all my subjects) I have finished all the finger joints and I have included a photo of the dry fit, very happy to have that part finished, next step is building clamps (cheap,broke student) and then glueing, which I will do tomorrow then, sanding

null-17.jpg

null-18.jpg

null-19.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived