3 Cyp Females Holding, All Ready!

cooder

Hey all, been a month or two since visiting but anyway,

ive got 3 Cyprichromis leptosoma jumbo kamakonde females with huge mouthfuls and about to burst, so im going to attempt to strip tonight, after dark so i can catch them without them spitting, hopefully. I would leave them, but calvus clean the fry up quicksmart so its my only option.

Im about to do water changes and remove the rocks, then turn out the lights in preparation, so has anyone got any tips on stripping Cyps? Ive never stripped mouthbrooders before.

Im going to order some brine eggs from AOE, but that will take minimum a week to come unless i go direct, which i should. So in the next 2 days waiting for them to come, what/how should i feed them. i have frozen brine and NLS as my staple for the adults, so will crushed up stuff be ok for now?

Will put up some pics to show you how huge i expect these clutches to be after WC and tank tidy up.

Cheers for any Help.

Cody

I've not stripped a tang before, their mouths are so tiny and fragile. With Malawi's though I always use a very pointy toothpick soaked in tank water.

Much easier to get the tip in and just leaver it open gently, not like with your fingers squashing their face trying to get skin grip on their

teeth or your fingernail in their mouth.

I also usually strip them inside the net I catch them with, inside their own tank.

Well i just finished stripping all 4, actually... and it went ok i could say, it was difficult and took 20 odd minutes.

It was quite an experience, those little buggers dont like leaving home lol.

one of the females had fry that still have the egg sack. there tails are fully developed and they are swimming, but im not expecting them to make it without a tumbler, which i dont have. there are a fair few, i havent counted but proably about 40 - 50 fry all up.

Not too bad for my first strip! hehe :happy:

yeah thats great ........

if you have no tumbler try a air stone in the fry saver running fast ,,good luck

i gave up on my cyps i couldnt pick the mouthfuls some didnt hold some had three eggs so i put them in a 3x2x1,5 with a lot of plants

and now im waiting to see what happens ,,,,will they eat there fry .. time will tell

Archived