New tank!

Kerrin

Hey all,

Today I will be setting up a new tank!!! This will be my first try at apsitogramma's and I am going the full blackwater look for this one. Stay tuned for some pics which should be up later today.

Stocking at this stage will be either a pair or trio of either A. Bitaeniata, A. Panduro or A. Abcaxis/wilhemli and 2 L333's.

I am pretty stoked about this, never done a dark tank, and it is in stark contrast to the tanks I have currently running.

This will bring the total up to 4 display tanks running at the moment, and I am starting to get into trouble off of the fiance lol but hey, at least it's not crack!

Stay tuned

Kerrin

The tank is a tall 3ft, 165L. Have just placed an order for a pair of wild A. Bitaeniata "peru yellow" which should arrive next week. Tank is set up with mostly water from my other soft water tanks and some internal filters I had running in other tanks in lieu of an eheim cannister. I will be watching the water closely over the next few days to see what the PH is doing, and should have all the wood in by tonight. Will take pics and post em up tomorrow. No leaves yet as they will be sent down with the fish.

If anybody has any experience with Indian almond leaves, or any other leaves for that matter I'd love to hear from you!

Kerrin

WOAH!

Sweet as, put pics up when you can, How big is it?

Are you talking about my crack cooder or Kerrin's tank??

aahaha... lol the tank of course. i think he meant in his original post crack as in the illicit drug crack, like hes better being addicted to fish than drugs lol

Anyway, Kerrin, Use as many Indian Almond leaves as u can get. my agassizii are always in, around or over them, and the leaves take up the minority of the tank, so the more the better... even just a tank with both sides covered with leaves, leaving a strip of bare substrate (or plants or wood etc) to break up territories for a trio would work awesome i think

I even provided a terracota pot and other plastic pot breeding caves for them and they bred in the leaves...

USE THEM!!! THEY ARE THE BEST FOR APISTOS!!

Alright got it set up with all the wood last night, PH is it about 6.6 and dropping (fingers crossed. No leaves yet as they will come with the fish but took a snap for you guys anyway.

Please excuse the internal filters and thermometer, just there for cycling/monitoring temp.

Let me know what you all thing and.....enjoy

SeGFweM.jpg

Just wanted to say thanks to Kerrin for battling the insanity of the F3 freeway in yesterday's traffic to come all the way up here for 1/2 an hour. Dedicated aquarist and a top bloke to boot.

Keep us updated with pics of this tank mate.

Oh and your fiancé for letting us prattle on with fish talk too.

Was an absolute pleasure to come up mate, marathon day but getting to meet some great people with fantastic fish and experience to share, and now seeing the tank stocked and happy made it more than worthwhile. Thanks for taking the time out of your afternoon to accommodate me Brett, and there will most certainly be pics up ASAP!

Thanks again mate

You are most welcome mate, it's nice to deal with people who are genuine and don't waste your time or stuff you about.

I'll keep an eye out for the photos and best of luck breeding those stunning apistos.

Good stuff, your jaw will drop when you see an adult male wilhelmi displaying for the first time... very beautiful fish

Yeah I am full of anticipation, well spotted by the way mate, impressive knowlege of apisto's. How do you find the almond leave effect your tank, I am adding gradually but the PH isn't down where I want it yet, did you chuck all the ones in your tank straight in? and did you see much of a drop?

Archived