My Favourite Discus

Fixem

Fixem,

Very nice looking discus. Is it a red turquoise.

I have seen very nice looking discus at fish shops. There are a couple in sydney who get very good quality imports.

I used to have Pigeon Bloods imported from Hong kong and the colour in them was amazing.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Ben thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

The breeder told me it is a Leopard Turquoise.

I have seen a lot of discus for sale lately that appear to be more elongated and I really don't like that one bit huh.gif

I got 4 fish off him about a year ago and they all turned out good except for one which is a bit too small for my liking, but that was probably my fault.

Did they have a few green spots on them like mine? tongue.gif

Must remember to clean the glass before my next photo session.

Yea i'd say that it is more a red turquise rather than a lepard but not far off a lepard. Not that i'm an expert but iv'e learnt a few things. I recently got the discus bug myself. Here is a link to my discus http://scp.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=4519. That is a very nice fish though fixem, good shape, colour and nice bright red eyes biggrin.gif.

Anthony cool.gif

That sure is a nice Discus Fixem, great photo too. If you want to see some awsome discus , go and have a look what George has at Slippery Little Suckers at Kigsford, If you're a discus lover, it's well worth a look!

Brett.

All beautiful fish biggrin.gif Thanks for sharing.

One day I may breed them! rolleyes.gif

I'm really "into" the Aricans at the present time. So just looking after the Discus I have not going to buy any for awhile.

Where is Sliperry Little Suckers situated? blink.gif Is that Kingsford? Anzac parade?

Wholey cow guys! those are all really really awesome fish. One day, when i can get some more tanks (MUUUUMMM!!!!! laugh.gif ) id like to get some. But as you can all understand i am a wee kid with a mother who doesnt want any more tanks unfortunately sad.gif.

But never the less they really are great fish, and some really good photos in there, what are your tips for sort of 'eliminating' the glass out of the shot?

wazza

what are your tips for sort of 'eliminating' the glass out of the shot?

wazza

Hiya, Wazza!

I'm not a pro but these tips help me improve my shots a lot.

Wipe the glass clean in and out before taking pics. Try to center focus on the subject. If you're using a flash, position cam in an angle so that when flash goes, it wont bounce back through the glass. Position cam as close to the glass as possible. And always use a tripod when taking pics specialy for close ups or macro. Or hold the cam as steady as possible. Taking shots in a dark room with only tanklights on also helps make better shots.

Cheers!

Mari

Archived