Who Imports WC Apistos?

cooder

Hey guys,

As the title suggests, who imports a large list of Wild Caught apistos? I'll ask Jodi-Lea from FishChick aquatics what Wild variants she gets in, but im guessing she will be after just the more common variants, not the actual rare ones :happy:

Im trying to participate in my own way, in the Quality and Rare fish project on QLDAF, trying to start breeding rare variants of apistos that not many people bother to get....

Anyway, Has anyone got a/any contact/s that import a large range of rare Apistogramma species? They are all importable as far as i know....

Cody

Hi Cody

Jodi is probably the best to get them in.....she gets some of the rarer stuff....your average LFS wont be interested (and they really only get from the wholesalers anyway) in carrying many apistos as they are not very good sellers (they should be of course)

Try sending her a list of what you want as she may be able to import them for you

Mike

Cheers Mike, i will look further into what Jodi has, I just bought a A. cf agassizii trio off her, apparently asian, but the male isnt the best i dont think. the lateral stripe on one side doesnt go right over to his gill cover (maybe im being picky lol? he is a very beautiful little fish and only small still)

I reckon they should be good sellers too.

Also i thought i would ask, What would be a good, current RO unit that i could use for my near future setups? Im gonna need one, because im having trouble with the water parameters, even though i use rainwater and almond leaves, it still goes up, must be the kh or gh. it settles at about 6.8 - 7.0 so im thinking RO water will fix it.

It would be worth it, as im stuck on apistos now lol

REALLY? WOW, thats some good news! i dont even try to get stuff from Yeppoon Pet and Aquarium, all the LFS up here even in Rocky are just general, non hobbyist based which is frustrating when you want to go specialized. They usually dont know what you are talking about when you ask for things :p

If i could get Apistogramma from my LFS that would be really good, I will have to look into that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived