Aulonocara aquilonium Mdoka

Josh

Hi All

I got these imported by Grant in the middle of last year, I must say they are really slow growing and coloring up. This is the most colored male I have so far and I must say they are stunning looking fish. The black in the fins and the blue sheen in the head is amazing.

I have never seen them in the flesh before, onlyin books and a few on the net and this guy is living right up to the pictures.

sorry for the poor quality video.

Thanks guys, the video doesn't do them justice and I can't photo them as the flash washes them out.

Aussie, they actually look better in darker conditions. If I just have the ceiling lights on they get more blue in the face, with the tank light on they tend to be more black.

• 1 month later...

A quick update.

Got my first lot of fry tonight, 20 little ones swimming around, so I am a little excited.

Sorry Nigel I missed your question, these are tank bred fish from Germany.

Well done josh you have been more successful than me with my aulonocara stuartgranti galireya reef. I think that would be lucky to have had 20 fry over the past 18+ months .

Most of my imports turned out to be males and I think I am down to one girl now :huh: . But I have 1 male and 3 girls coming through so I hope to get some more going. I think I might go for ngara flametails or something similar when get back from my US holiday.

I only have 8 from the imports left now, they just seem to loose condition and die off. I have a couple of boys and the rest seem to be girls, but they are still young.

Archived