water changes and fry

Kerrin

So as mentioned previously I currently have fry in the tang tank, and am not intending on moving them, atleast not untill they are grown and are no longer welcome by the parents, or the stocking level in the tank gets too high as I forsee further batches.

My question is regarding water change, my current water change is 20-25% weekly, while I have fry at such a small size should I maintain this current schedule, or increase/decrease the size/frequency of the water changes. I am already going to be very careful not to syphon anywhere near the shell beds, but I am wondering if I need to be careful of any risk of losing fry due to a change in water chemistry.

I may be overly cautious but I am keen to keepm these guys going strong.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Kerrin

water changes will keep your fish healthy as long as you keep an eye on the temp, PH, amonia and nitrate levels...

Do the testing before and then run a test after to check and maitain the same levels...

I normally do a 35% water change every week.

Aymen

• 2 weeks later...

I usually go with a bit of Darwin theory. I continue to do the normal water change regime unless I deem it necessary.in winter down here I usually do smaller more frequent ones because I do mine from the tap normally and Canberra water is very cold. Except with things like crs shrimp and catfish like peppermints and l333's

Cheers

Rosco

Archived