L201 do they ever grow?

gianniz

Well I've had them for about a year (slightly less maybe). They were 2-2.5cm.

Looking at them now, they are like 3-4cm.

Fat as hell so they are eating well.

How long will they take to sexually mature?

Same, I keep them in slightly acidic water, higher temp and feed a meatier diet as per all my hypans. Still a reasonably slow grower compared to some armoured catfish, though I would have expected a bit more than 2cm in a year.

I have L333's which were growing painfully slowly when I was still tracking them.

I'm hoping they are still alive and well and surviving in a tangle of mangrove root but I stopped working around them and stopped pulling the wood up to check for them.

I estimate mine only went from 2.5 - 4 cm just under a year (but I usually underestimate sizes in tanks) before I stopped 'caring'.

Not a good choice for a display aquarium, for sure.

thanks for the info guys.

they are in a 2 foot tank with pep pair, only using blacktown water and has few drift wood so I'm assuming the ph would be less then when it used to be in a tang tank :)

Ducksta long time no see. The tank I got from you (god knows how long ago) is doing great :)

I also searching for the missing 201 for many months before I said to myself NOT WORTH IT! lol

Left it alone for 6months and 60% of them is still missing or assumed dead :(

Not sure about 333 but from my experience with 46 and 201, they are hidden ornaments :)

• 1 month later...

I know this thread was started a while ago, but i figured i would ad in my experience with the L333 i have 3 of them in my tank which is 5x2x2.5 and there is lots of limestone and pieces of wood and mine come out all the time, when the light is on and not on. One of the L333 have been in there since February and has grown a fair bit- form about 3cm to about 6cm now

Dont know if this is of any assistance. They are in high ph with about 80 other catfish and mixed cichlids

• 4 months later...

ive found with the majority of hypans that for the first 4-5cm they are very slow growing, as soon as they hit that 5cm mark they jump to 10cm in matter of a few months. strange but thats what all my hypans have done

Archived