Where can i get some Praecox rainbows

Kartoon

Hi All

I know this is a cichlid forum but i also know all of the members here are highly knowledgeable in the whole of the aquarium hobby. And that is why i thought of asking here if anyone knew where I could get some of these little guys from. Have some spare room in a tank and already have like 5 of these guys. Only one female though so breeding has not been successful as yet. If you guys have any contacts or know of any breeders that would be awesome.

Cheers

Ive got a colony of these which are quite nice they even have Barry Crockfords tick of approval there are lots of dodgy praecox out there.If you send me a mop I can send you back a mop plus lots of eggs (I have 9 females).You should be able to get eggs from 1 female.Some rainbows take a while to lay in mops if they've had natural plants around and its best if they be green mops.

Thanks for all the info guys. Unfortunately my female passed the other day. I think she got picked on a bit to much by some refugee fish i had in the tank temporarily. I have seen them at some places but they just look really washed out and thin. I have seen them just now on livefish quite cheap.

Killiguy, have you had any luck breeding and raising this fish? im happy to grab a mop off you. How would we do this technically?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Archived