dimi comp wont eat?

frankenstrat

i have a 10cm dimi comp in my display tank with a bunch of other african cichlids, all the other fish are fine and the temp, and water quality and ph are fine,

everything else is eating great and seems happy but my dimi comp hasnt eaten in 4 days and isnt as active as normal....he normally only eats tetra colour and nothing else,

i have tried other foods but he wont eat anything....any ideas?

he was fed tetra colour bits in the shop i bought him from and thats what ive always used, he is the 3rd biggest in the tank and nobody bothers him....there isnt really anywhere for him to hide, perhaps i need some more rock

i had exactly the same problem with mine since i got it. was one of the larger fish in the tank, noone picked on it, but it didnt eat for 3 weeks. just died yesterday probably from starvation i had tried everything but showed no interest in food at all.

i have 3 others that are smaller than he was, about 7cm, the 1 that died was about 11cm....i really wanted to have a crack at breeding them. and they are in my opinion a beautiful fish to look at....if you have any around 7cm it would great if you have some for sale

Archived