gold comps with fry

fishinf

hi all i have a colony of 5 gold comps and there is about 30 fry i did not take out of one of there shell it has been about 3 weeks in there in still no snacking on them this is just a experiment i thought i will try and will keep you all updated took a video not the best quility video but will take another later

DSCN4557-1.jpg

I leave fry in with my pair of gold face. They last for ages with my pair. Usually when the pair is about to breed again the fry start to disappear quite quickly. Although one survived their last clean up, and he's about 2 cm now. I was more worried about the snacking this little guy would do to the fry so pulled the fry out this time.

I usually take mine out when they get to about 1cm.

What size tank are your golds in? My gold face are in a 2ft tank.

Good luck with the experiment.

I leave fry in with my pair of gold face. They last for ages with my pair. Usually when the pair is about to breed again the fry start to disappear quite quickly. Although one survived their last clean up, and he's about 2 cm now. I was more worried about the snacking this little guy would do to the fry so pulled the fry out this time.

I usually take mine out when they get to about 1cm.

What size tank are your golds in? My gold face are in a 2ft tank.

Good luck with the experiment.

hi they are in a 3ft long 40cm wide and 2 foot high

• 2 months later...

i lost the first lot so i sold of a exess pair i had in there and now there is 10 in there been in there for about a mounth now and thew have just had a spawn and didnt eat the fry so it might work this time finger crossed

here is a pic of one of the fry sorry but it is blury

whitecaslvus008.jpg

I have two juvi bristle nose in with my calves trio should I remove these bristle nose? Do you guys think the calvus will be able to defend the fry?

• 1 month later...

Archived