S. petricola

Storm Boy

Thanks Ged, the fry haven`t changed much today, just swimming a bit quicker so here is another shot of the adults, these are 6 years old.

firstincut1.jpg

Just a standard size approx 15 cm high by 10 cm wide.

Funny you should ask about the hole size Ged, I did enlarge it years ago but i`m still surprised my largest female still wiggles through it.

I don`t use marbles in the flower pot system as a grate is good enough.

The marbles I use are many different colours, i think the reason black and dark are suggested by other breeders is only because it makes the eggs easier to see.

ok, so this is an egg shot pic then day 1 pic followed by two pics of day 3, big difference already. Now we can clearly see the eyes and mouth have developed.

peteggs.jpg

singlefry2.jpg

DAY3CROP.jpg

day3crop2.jpg

Looking at the size of the pot I thought that you must have enlarged it to allow them access.

Marbles seem to be the most common method but I would like to see a photo of of the grate system if you get a chance.

• 1 month later...

I had a bit of trouble with my last batch but they have bred again, these guys are mothers day specials, so they are 1 week and one day old.

You can see the black pigment starting to show and whiskers too, they are so small and very hard to take pics of.

weekoldpet3.jpg

weekoldpet.jpg

I will try and post more pics as they grow.

Around the 2.5-3cm mark. I usually won't sell fish under 3cm. I bought the grandparents of these guys at about 2.5cm for $120ea back in 2000. I'll be selling these for $20.

Well your not going to have to worry about these guys being too big LOL!

This pic taken at 3 weeks and 1 day.

B.T.W. That`s a half penny :no:

halfpenny.jpg

halfpenny2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

How long does it take to raise them from this size to the three cm mark?

Mine usually take at least 9 months or so to get to 3cm. I have some growing at the moment which are just nudging 3cm.

I grow them out in their own stand-alone tanks. When I used to try and grow them in a tank hooked up to a system they would always dissapear into the sump, never to be seen again... :bye:

Cheers

Joel

Archived