why is there sperm in my tank! also tiny red round bug?

gianniz

i messed up the tank moving things around , and hour later or so i was doing some inspection, I saw a red round bug with few legs on the black pebbles! so i had no choice but to do SUPER inspection! (windex then eye ball literally touching the glass! lol)

Now at this microscopic level I was to see a few sperms!!!! (tail wiggled as well so it must be alive).

I googled but could not find any explanation.

Please help me! Oh fish seem to be fine, except some times I see them have it fit for a sec?? and occasional scratching (but thats normal).

Thanks

ps I found this post, and it what I have ...

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/aquarium/msg0701572111032.html

hi ben,

it's not Planaria. I have that as well but this thing looks like sperm! round head and thin tail!

oh I definitely wash my hands before touching the aquarium so it can't be mine :)

I was gonna take photo but found out my bloody camera broke!

ok so any other suggestion?

It probably is sperm then. Dont let your misses near the tank for a while until it dies. Make sure you keep the lids on too. These strongest ones can jump!

Are you keeping any shelldwellers in the tank?

It isnt sperm, you cant see individual sperm with the naked eye.

no shell dwellers but I do have transcriptus gombe (i doubt it as I know what their fry looks like) or it could be ghost knife? (doubt it as I could only get eggs so far).

my best guess is some sort of parasite??

i'll get a camera soon.

Archived