Neolamprologus tretocephalus Availability

Scarecrow

Im Not having much luck finding these guys? With exception to in one LFS which want $45 for a pretty small juvie.

Does anyone know where i could get them from? Ideally im after a male and maybe 2-3 females, but unless they can be sexed, im after 6-8 that i could grow to the point of being able to sex them. Id even be happy to arrange a courier from an interstate breeder if need be...

I couldnt give these things away 6 months agao, now I have no fry heaps of peps wanting them.

I might have a pair i could round up, i have a few largish ones ~7-9cm scattered in a few tanks..

Shipping will stil be a killer but for just 2 fish, ~$60-80

I couldnt give these things away 6 months agao, now I have no fry heaps of peps wanting them.

I might have a pair i could round up, i have a few largish ones ~7-9cm scattered in a few tanks..

Shipping will stil be a killer but for just 2 fish, ~$60-80

Always the way isn't it?

thats pretty steep for shipping, i have to say i wasnt expecting it to be that much. Bloody australia post! Looks like im just going to have to wait it out and hope they become available closer to Newcastle. I have had some tips about shops in Sydney selling them, but most seem to be in the very south west of Sydney, which is like a 3-4 hr drive each way.... by the time you take a tank and a half of petrol into account, it would cost less to have them shipped at $60-80....

So with these guys, are they just a pair breeder, or will they work in a harem of 1m:3f?

there is a aquarium at wyong called "Awesome Aquariums" i was up there today and they had 2 at around 7cm and they are $35ea

Give them a call :)

BTW Australia post wont accept live fish. $80 would have been shipped via AAE on a plane mate :)

BTW Australia post wont accept live fish. $80 would have been shipped via AAE on a plane mate :)

Ive sent and received fish using Australia post more then 50 times.My post office looked into it as a Queenslander had some trouble.Maybe staff that dont know the true rules.Its a very convenient way for sending small numbers of small fish (killis,blue eyes small rainbows,bettas etc)

Archived