My African 6ftx2ftx2ft Tank

AUSCichlidBreeder

Last time there were F1 yellows around it turned out to be a hoax.

There are some wild yellows (lion's coves I think) in Europe or USA but given the quality of the tank raised ones I'm not sure they get collected much anymore unless they are unique colour morphs.

They are also not on the approved import list so anyone who can prove they have wild or f1 fish are likely to implicate themselves in a smuggling racket.

So if someone were advertising F1 yellows, I'd be calling shenanigans.

mattrox : True that, thanks for the info so the best I can hope for is F1000 lol ! Bummer :( Think these are a good deal? http://aquariumtrader.com.au/products/77

rowie: Thanks for the feedback, all the plants are fake! lol ....so I guess its a good thing they look real took my time in finding good quality ones.

Hoping to add a few more Clown Roaches, Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos & Electric Yellows to breed.

Any ideas where I might find some local Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos?

Honestly I wouldn't keep any other Vic basin type haplochromine in the same tank for breeding purposes, given the fragile state of these species in Australia.

The chance of cross breeding is way too high, and I am guessing, but detecting hybrid fry could be considerably more difficult given the similar body shapes and colourations (in some cases) of these species.

• 2 months later...

Archived