Noisy light fans

bakes

I took my quad aquanova 4foot light back to shop during the weekend as it stopped working(7 monthes old) shop offered me identical light as warranty replacement or pay abit more and upgrade.So i paid an extra $100 and went for a 4ft quad reef octopus with moonlight led,twin fan cooling. However after only 1 day the mrs hates the fan noise(tank is in lounge) .Anyone esle had this problem? Is there anyway of adding a thermostat? maybe i will just have to take it back-although I feel like a bit of a pain in the neck to the shop worker!

this is the unit-horizon 4foot

http://www.reefoctopus.com.au/v2/pub/products.cfm?range=6E29531E-16E6-397A-98BE05AB3612D121

I wouldnt have thought the fans would be noisy. I couldnt find anything on Ebay about them being noisy, so I guess yours may be faulty. I am guessing that they are something like a computer fan.

Do you have them sitting right on top of the tank or hung above the tank? If they are right on the glass they would be getting to hot and maybe lifting them up and allowing some air to get under them would help keep the fans from running as much.

The light is mounted on 4 feet,which makes it sit about 80mm above the glass lids.The fans run constantly-they dont have a thermostat.I rang the shop today ,they said they use the same lights on some of their marine tanks and the fans do make a bit of noise ,bit dissapinting as the tank lights up awesome with it,and it has a nice finish about it.They said i can exchange it for something different-so going to do that

Archived