Frontosa tankmates

bakes

Hi all,

I recently purchased a group of 8 x 4cm 7 bar fronts(1st time ive kept frontosa's). They are housed in a 300L tank(will be moved into a larger tank when theyre older) . I would like to keep a few other tangs with them-julis,leleupi or calvus. Im in 2 minds wether to add them now or when the fronts are a bit older.Im thinking a negative of adding others in with now is less food to the fronts and slower growth?,but on the other hand if i add fish when theyre older would the new fish will become snacks as not used to other fish species? .Im interested to know about other members frontosa experiences with this

cheers,Lee

Hi all,

I recently purchased a group of 8 x 4cm 7 bar fronts(1st time ive kept frontosa's). They are housed in a 300L tank(will be moved into a larger tank when theyre older) . I would like to keep a few other tangs with them-julis,leleupi or calvus. Im in 2 minds wether to add them now or when the fronts are a bit older.Im thinking a negative of adding others in with now is less food to the fronts and slower growth?,but on the other hand if i add fish when theyre older would the new fish will become snacks as not used to other fish species? .Im interested to know about other members frontosa experiences with this

cheers,Lee

A full grown frontosa could eat many of the species you want to add in with them. If you add them soon you will have a good long time before you have to get rid of the smaller fish. I doubt lack of food will slow the frontosas down significantly - you can always feed more and/or use a different food for the frontosa (like a pellet that is too big for your small-mouthed Julis and others). Plenty of options for co-habitation with frontosa.

You can keep anyvof you choice with frontosa

I have 2 pairs of gold heads and alot of leilupi in a 6x2x2 with a breeding colony (1 m 7+f) of frontosa and ive never lost a fish to them my comps actually hassle the frontosa

Regards

Archived