First Timer

pauldog

WooHoo - just stripped a fish for the first time. One of our Ps Flavus was carrying and we just used the 'syringe of water into the mouth' method to release the fry. We got six fry and there was maybe one more we couldn't get but we were getting more stressed by the ordeal than the fish so we let her go in with the big boys and left the fry in the fry saver. Probably not a big deal to most here but we are pretty excited!!

Its usually a good idea to keep the female in a tank of her own so she doesn't get spawned again by the males so soon after releasing fry. A week of feeding is generally the rule before being spawned again.

Congrats on the strip though!

Congrats mate,

I felt the same when my Crimson Tide spat out what she was holding for approx 4 weeks, and that's after being away from the hobby for the past 5 years...

Good work mate...

Its usually a good idea to keep the female in a tank of her own so she doesn't get spawned again by the males so soon after releasing fry. A week of feeding is generally the rule before being spawned again.

Congrats on the strip though!

Thanks for the advice - I am learning something new every time I log on here - what I am learning most is that I don't have enough tanks!! I might have to separate her into a frysaver for a week - would that work?

NW mate, you're more then welcome...

Came to the right place, and will be learning a lot about these great little creatures and their behavior...

Hope you enjoy your stay...

Archived