Can you a run 1 canister filter on 2 tanks

M.H

I have 2 4 foot tanks on one stand each tank is running it's own aqua one cf-1200 just wondering if I was to get a fluval fx5 or anything just as strong is it possible to run it on both tanks

Any advice appreciated and thanks in advance

Not easily. You would draw from one tank and pump out in the other, hence one tank empty and one tank overflowing. You would need one tank to overflow into the other. Be easier to get a sump

Not easily. You would draw from one tank and pump out in the other, hence one tank empty and one tank overflowing. You would need one tank to overflow into the other. Be easier to get a sump

I thought of a sump just don't know how to drill holes in a tank and sending them to get drilled isnt worth it

Also can't you draw water from both tanks to the filter then pumping water back to both tanks

Drawing from both would be major hassle. It would be so hard to get even amounts of water from each tank and then you would have to match the water flowing back to each tank to the amount of water that was drawn out of it. Not worth the trouble IMHO

Keep running two canisters, it is so much easier

Archived