my new fish ~more new pics~

enigma

Goodluck with spawning them i bought a pair of Pelvicachromis taeniatus "Dahane" today from the VCS auction in Melbourne, only paid $8 too , a bargain i thought.

cheers

they look stunning Enigma, i had to move mine into an 18 inch tank as they were hounding my Satanoperca leucosticta mad.gif , who would have thought they would have been an aggressive fish ! Considering my green horseface are twice their size if not bigger laugh.gif oh well they dont look so happy anymore but tomorrow they are getting a bigger tank . I will take a pic when they are settled in their new tank which arrives tomorrow.

Sarah

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Enigma -

Great fish & photos biggrin.gif

I was speaking to Anthony of Auburn Aquariums yesterday and he was saying he bought these fish in as "Dehane" not "Moliwe".

Why the change? Are they definately not Dehane? It might be worth running an email off to Melbourne Bill who is an expert in dwarf cichlidology biggrin.gif!

mine were bought as "dehane" and they dont look like Enigma's, my female goes very darkblue black when she is in mating mode, also mine doesnt have the red under the eye.

cheers

Hi Enigma smile.gif

Those are very nice pics. They look extremely attractive. Could you please tell me more about them? How big are they? Are they hard to take care? As I am a new in this site and I have just started being interested in cichlid for a month. Once again great photoes. tongue.gif

yew, there you go... 'dehane' that is.

i didn't change the name. i wasn't sure whether anthony said dehane or moliwe and forgot to ask again. from various photos on the net they look like moliwe because not much info on dehane laugh.gif

sarah, who knows what 'taeniatus' we have here in Australia dry.gif

dugong, they are African Riverine cichlids,easy to care. my female bout 4cm and male 5cm. for more info please search the net blush.gif

this is a start : Pelvicachromis taeniatus

hi

try this link it has some of the varieties not all, but mine are definitly without a question the "dehane "

The Cichlid Room

i will try and find a pic of the ones i saw in Aqua Zoo they are magnificent , i'd get them if i wasnt going away laugh.gif

ok found a link they are called Pelvicachromis subocellatus but the pic is poor the female is stunning at the shop

The Krib

Archived