Building Fishroom 2

zigzagfish

Hello ACE Forum Friends

Here are some pics from my new fishroom , We have been doing it up for the past 2 months slowly but surely its come together , a total of 30 tanks , some are split into 4 and some into 2 , one bank of tanks are for cichlids and the other are for L numbers and a couple of americans , im running 2 separate mini reefs up and over style plus air to each tank so far so good , its been running for 2 weeks so far im just starting to stock it up mostly with fry .

I would like to thank my wife for all the help and a thank you to Coni and John for the tanks .

I will keep on adding photos to the thread as the tanks fill up with fish .

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Nice fishroom :clap

Hope you like maintenance. :lol3:

Very low maintenace as mini reefs are fitted with taps so water change its easy .

Brilliant job mate! It's always better when your other half is into it too :thumb

Thank you yes im glad wife likes fish lol

I like it!

Nice sliding lids, wall colour is good. Will you have air stones/air filters in each tank as backups?

I would have gone for deeper front-back tanks personally but looks like you got these off an existing setup.

Probably too late but it you line up the standpipe drains carefully, so they are exactly under each other, you can isolate any one tank off the system with a reducing join if ever you need to.

I like it!

Nice sliding lids, wall colour is good. Will you have air stones/air filters in each tank as backups?

I would have gone for deeper front-back tanks personally but looks like you got these off an existing setup.

Probably too late but it you line up the standpipe drains carefully, so they are exactly under each other, you can isolate any one tank off the system with a reducing join if ever you need to.

yes it was a existing set up , becouse of room restriction this tanks worked out great it would off being nice for deeper and wider but we cant have everything lol i did change a few things to suit my needs .

i can isolate 3 tanks at any one time , i thought of doing it so i can isolate indivitualy but i think 3 tanks its ok , yes all tanks are running air stones .

Thank you for your nice comments.

Very nice...

Also motivates me to finish mine....

How are you heating the tanks? whole room?

What L's are you thinking about? Pairs in tanks?

Have you turned the system pump off and checked the sump is big enough or you will have to have a run off pipe and auto top up float switch

I would do it now while your in work mode

Are you sure that you are taking this serious?

What Americans are you thinking about?

I hope there South Americans

The others would not be in those tanks for long

BFJ

Nice work Lionel it is looking really good. You have inspired me to get a move on in my room. I have 2 weeks off so I started on the final rack I need to build but then the weather went really bad down here. It has all the makings of snow like strong winds, light gray clouds, sago snow, -9 wind chill factor but none of the benefits like actual snow. I did have a wet earth plumbing order arrive today so I will do that first.

keep the pictures coming

cheers

Rosco

Nice work Lionel it is looking really good. You have inspired me to get a move on in my room. I have 2 weeks off so I started on the final rack I need to build but then the weather went really bad down here. It has all the makings of snow like strong winds, light gray clouds, sago snow, -9 wind chill factor but none of the benefits like actual snow. I did have a wet earth plumbing order arrive today so I will do that first.

keep the pictures coming

cheers

Rosco

Rosco,

I have found Perth irrigation to be cheaper for stock and much cheaper for delivery by Aust Post. They also call me when orders are dispatched so I know when it will be arriving. Not that wet earth is bad.

Lionel,

Its a pity the internal tank partitions don't have a 2mm gap under them so you could just use one standpipe per tank.

I would have been tempted to drill a hole rather than buy all those fittings. Anyway keep the pictures coming!

Very nice...

Also motivates me to finish mine....

How are you heating the tanks? whole room?

What L's are you thinking about? Pairs in tanks?

The whole room is heated by a diecel heater and that includes my other room ( single Garage ) very cheap to run

L's i allready have a few 333, 66 , 134 , 201 , peps , orange spots and a few more some are in pairs and others are in colonys .

Are you sure that you are taking this serious?

What Americans are you thinking about?

I just have a couple of apistos , parrots , elliotis , blue eyes and synspila.

keep the pictures coming

cheers

Rosco

Thanks Rosco i bet it must be hard working with -9 wow , i got all my fittings from wet earth

Lionel,

Its a pity the internal tank partitions don't have a 2mm gap under them so you could just use one standpipe per tank.

I would have been tempted to drill a hole rather than buy all those fittings. Anyway keep the pictures coming!

all tanks were allready drilled

I think you will find he is thinking of Dwarf Americans Like Apisto's

Hello John photos look ok ? ;)

Rosco,

I have found Perth irrigation to be cheaper for stock and much cheaper for delivery by Aust Post. They also call me when orders are dispatched so I know when it will be arriving. Not that wet earth is bad.

I just check out what I think to be the site any they are cheaper but you have buy in bulk and don't have all the bits and pieces I sem sto use. Nice find though.

cheers

rosco

Archived